Sunday 7 December 2008

iPod won't sync photos

I've just had a problem syncing my iPod Touch. I would get an error mid sync "The iPod "iPod Name" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-50)."
I've done a lot of Googling for explanation and a fix, it took quite a while, so I thought I'd share.
The crash always happened when syncing photos. So after not getting very far with the usual suggestions I ignored all causes and fixes not relating to photos. The problem seems to have come from me replacing my iPhoto library with a different one since my last iPod sync. The solution (for me) was to delete the iPod photo cache folder.
  1. Find your current iPhoto library in the Photos folder
  2. Right (ctrl) click and select 'show package contents'
  3. In the new window delete the folder iPod Photo Cache
Tried syncing again. It told me that I had my iPod synced to a different library and did I want to delete all photos and sync with the current library. Yes! Sync worked fine after that.

This link helped more than any other.

No comments: