Also, blogs are a good place to organize your thoughts and keep a record of how you solved challenges that are good for future reference.
I already have a blog for work-related stuff called EvoPhylo. I realized (from reading other people's blogs) that mixing disparate topics is not a good strategy so I thought I'd start this to keep things separate. I also wanted to try out WordPress too.
What I intend to post about and what I actually will do may not be identical, but here is how I see it at the moment
- Web solutions; I'm starting to discover a lot of nice web software and data-managemnt tools that probably fall under the web 2.0 moniker
- Productivity; Getting Things Done (GTD) and the like
- Software (OS X); biased towards information organization
- Google stuff; Documents, Notebook, Sites etc etc
- Technology; hardware, not all of it, biased towards info storage and web access